It is telling me I cannot edit the team because the team was setup under a different region than my profile setting.
Basically, this means that you changed your Region selection in your User Profile AFTER you setup this team.
If the team's region is set to the correct region.
- You need to change the region setting in your user profile to match the team's region.
- Follow the instructions below for changing the Region setting in your user profile.
- Make sure you click the save button.
- You should now be able to edit the team.
If the team's region is NOT the correct region.
- You must first delete the team that was set up incorrectly.
- Follow the instructions below to change your region setting to match the region of the team.
- Return to the "Manage Teams" menu item and select the team.
- The error message will no longer show up.
- Click on the Edit Tab and Select the Delete Button at the bottom of the form.
- Confirm that you wish to delete the team.
- Follow the instructions again to change your User Profile Region setting to the correct region.
- Return to the "Manage Teams" menu item and add the team under the correct region.
Instructions for Changing the Region Setting in your User Profile
- Select the "My Account" menu item on the left.
- Click on the "Edit" tab and then select the "Profile" link.
- Change your region selection to the correct region.
- Click the save button.
Why does the system work this way?
- The system was designed to accomodate the possibility that in dense metropolitian areas a Team Manager might be functioning as a team manager two regions. By allowing the Team Manager to change the region selection to setup teams we allow a Team Manager to setup teams in multiple regions with just one user account.
- This was a design decision and does not create issues for most users,
- For those who are interested, the information for validating school districts and schools is built from the Team Managers Region setting. When the Team Manager's region setting and the Team's Region setting do not match, nothing would validate and you could never save the form.