Start A Team
Are you ready to Get Started?
Determine your Region
- The way to get started with a team varies depending on your school district or the private school that you attend. Some school districts and private schools will purchase your team's membership for you. The Regional Director can help you determine the steps you need to take to get started.
- You can locate your region here.
- If you are participating as an independent team then you will need to purchase your membership directly. Goto START A TEAM and follow the instructions there to purchase a membership.
- Check your regions website for specific instructions on how to register your team for the regional tournament.
Check your Regions calendar
- The calendar includes dates for Regional Board meetings, trainings and the Regional Tournament.
- You should add training dates and the regional tournament to your personal calendar.
Create a Team Manager Account at Texas DI website
- You must have a Team Manager Account at Texas DI in order to register your team for the regional Tournament.
- A Team Manager account also gives you access to additional training materials that are being created at the Texas DI training website.
Create an account at the IDODI website
- This gives you access to DI University (online training) and once you have a membership number it gives you access to download program materials and access the DI clarification system.
- If you purchased your membership directly from Destination Imagination then you probably already have an account at www.destinationimagination.org.
Plan to attend New Team Manager training in your region
- While there is nothing inherently difficult or complicated about managing a Destination Imagination team there is a lot of information. The experienced instructors in your region can save you and your team many missteps. You do your team a disservice by not attending training.
- The online training that is available provides only basic information.
- We provide training for new team managers and also offer some targeted training sessions on specific topics.
- We also offer team workshops for your team.
- There is no charge for most of our Team Manager trainings. There is a fee for our Team Manager University to help defray the cost of the facility and materials.
- Most team workshops do have a fee.