New to DI?
DI sounds great, but you would like to learn more.
Texas DI is an affiliate of Destination Imagination, Inc. To learn more about the DI program, visit the DI website at www.destinationimagination.org. If you click the link, the site will open in a new window. Once you are at the DI, Inc site, check out the tabs at the top of the page:
- About Us – DI Vision, Mission Statement, Staff, Policies and Financials
- Get Involved – How to start a team, find your location, volunteer, sign on as a sponsor, and donate to the program.
- Team Challenges – Information about the current year challenges, videos, resources and Global Finals
- Events – General information about regional and affiliate tournaments and Global Finals
DI is definitely the program for you. Follow the steps below:
- To volunteer, select the Get Involved tab at the top of this screen. This page lists the volunteer roles in DI.
- Next, you want to determine your Texas DI region. Select the Regions tab at the top of the screen to locate your region.
- Get in touch with your Regional Director listed on the Regions page. This person directs the activities of the region in which you reside. Things to ask your Regional Director are:
- Is DI supported by your school district? If so, ask who coordinates the program for your district?
- If it is not supported by your school district, ask how to get started.
- Do not purchase a team number until you have talked to your Regional Director. Some school districts will handle that for you and you may end up spending money unnecessarily.
- After your team has a team number, you will need to register your team with Texas DI on this website. Keep in mind the following:
- Every Texas DI team must register with Texas DI. This requires that you set up an account on this website and check the box that you are a Team Manager. Follow the instructions for registering your team. This only registers you as a team in Texas. It does not register you for Regional Tournaments.
- Every Region has slightly different procedures for registering for the Regional Tournament. Your Region's website and Regional Director can assist you with this.
- Your school or school district coordinator may handle this, so check with that person before proceeding.